I am spending nothing for the rest of this month.



I 'um'ed and 'ah'ed about writing this post and making it public. I'm not the world's best at keeping resolutions. But this isn't a resolution, it's a firm decision. I am having a spending fast for the rest of January. A buy nothing month in an attempt to save extra money towards... well, I can tell you about that another time. For now, all I want to record is my firm commitment that I am not spending money on unnecessary things from now until February 3rd. Just over a month. Let's see how I do, shall we? I should report back every Wednesday in my weekly round up.

Comments

  1. Good luck with that, I hope you don't see anything which tempts you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying hard to be good... I have gold stars to put in my diary every day I spend nothing!

      Delete
  2. I hope you do well and look forward to keeping encouraging you as the month goes on and you let us know how you are doing. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a thick streak of Have To about the spending cut back, so it's not completely virtuous! I'll try and be scrupulously honest on a Wednesday.

      Delete
  3. Good luck. I have kept spending diaries on the past and found them very enlightening to see where the money leaks away!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leak away is the right word! Online is my biggest vice; Mr Amazon is on first name terms with me, and a month without Him might be really hard!

      Delete
  4. Good for you - and good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! 5th day and so far, I've done really well.... but I'm getting petrol tomorrow and that might be a problem...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Do you cycle? You need to read this article

Small Claims proposal needs some small actions off you!!!

Blogger, why are you messing with my head?