I am spending nothing for the rest of this month.



I 'um'ed and 'ah'ed about writing this post and making it public. I'm not the world's best at keeping resolutions. But this isn't a resolution, it's a firm decision. I am having a spending fast for the rest of January. A buy nothing month in an attempt to save extra money towards... well, I can tell you about that another time. For now, all I want to record is my firm commitment that I am not spending money on unnecessary things from now until February 3rd. Just over a month. Let's see how I do, shall we? I should report back every Wednesday in my weekly round up.

Comments

  1. Good luck with that, I hope you don't see anything which tempts you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying hard to be good... I have gold stars to put in my diary every day I spend nothing!

      Delete
  2. I hope you do well and look forward to keeping encouraging you as the month goes on and you let us know how you are doing. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a thick streak of Have To about the spending cut back, so it's not completely virtuous! I'll try and be scrupulously honest on a Wednesday.

      Delete
  3. Good luck. I have kept spending diaries on the past and found them very enlightening to see where the money leaks away!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leak away is the right word! Online is my biggest vice; Mr Amazon is on first name terms with me, and a month without Him might be really hard!

      Delete
  4. Good for you - and good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! 5th day and so far, I've done really well.... but I'm getting petrol tomorrow and that might be a problem...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments.

Popular posts from this blog

My Latest Trick...

Filofax; Spring Cleaning my set up

A Heads Up for next Thursday....