Please won't someone get me out of here!

So, I didn't start work until 1pm today. plenty time to fiddle a little and visit a friend. Nice cookies and coffee, Paula! You need to get a blog. Anyway, I had time to pop down to a local knitting shop, Knitwise on Smithdown Road, Liverpool. It's a little Aladdin's cave of good quality yarn. I wanted some Sirdar Firefly to crochet a scarf, one of those full-of-holes creations that stretches to the ground when an enthusiastic 5 year old grabs you. And, yes, the nice lady, Angie has some and, yes, it came home with me (red, of course) and, yes, I will probably go back for more because, at £4.50 it strikes me the scarf would be a perfectly acceptable home-made gift for the fashion conscious acquaintance... but...

She also holds Stitch and Bitch meetings on a Tuesday night.

My evenings are usually spent at home, I do go to a reading group (sadly cancelled tonight. Hope you're all well soon, girls) and I will be going to Girls' Night In next Thursday, but they are both monthly meetings. Do I need a little fun on a Tuesday? Can I afford to go into a den of temptation every Tuesday and still come out with a bank balance good enough for the bank manager to leave me alone?

I don't think I'm brave enough.

Stitch and Bitch, I wish you well. I may (after I finish Crafters' Anonymous meetings) come to see you, but for the foreseeable future you and I will be like ships that pass in the night. And, yes, I'm looking out for icebergs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Latest Trick...

How did you start writing your blog?

A Heads Up for next Thursday....