Who knew that having a new business was just like having a new baby? No, don't laugh. Listen to this story. It was about a year and a half ago that Mr Angel Jem read this book, The Litigators, by John Grisham. I love JG, I read a lot of JG for the same reason I watch a lot of courtroom dramas and sit on a Sunday watching football. Mr AJ likes them, so there's a lot of it about and it's well worth sharing an interest together (and, no, he CANNOT crochet, although his Mum used to dressmake and he has a lot of respect for useful crafts.) The role of the book is crucial in our story. The hero, David Zinc, has it all; a good job in a big firm, a big BIG firm. But it takes all his time and he is working for the firm. So one day he walks out. Just goes, sets off, gets well drunk in a bar and wanders off to a very dubious part of town where he meanders into a 'boutique' (meaning small) law firm and asks for a job. We were in London. Seriously. Staying for a week in...
I've never seen Matilda so I don't know that song but I've just listened and it's lovely. 99p treats can be just as good as £99 ones.
ReplyDeleteI thought of your Eleanor as I was listening; she has the soft, sweet voice that this needs. Will she ever go into the recording studio again? And I hope she keeps up her singing at university.
DeleteThe year 6 at school did Matilda for their end of term production. It is really good, a family musical in all ways. I've been waiting until I could justify it to get it. And 99p is good value!
Eleanor's singing teacher retired just as she finished Year 11 and with the pressure of A Levels, she never got round to finding another. It's a shame really as she'd reached Grade 6, there were only two more grades to do. She also gave up the youth theatre at this time for the same reasons. She still continually sings in the house though and who knows what societies she'll join at uni. I'm sure she will go in the recording studio again at some point, she really enjoyed it.
DeleteBoth my two loved the story and movie. I've never considered the musical for them though an they both like the theatre. May have to investigate further.
ReplyDeleteLisa x