I spent my pocket money. All of it. And it was good.

At the Handmade Fair there were lots of small, contagious objects that caught my fancy. If I could have, I would have bought loads of trinkets and doo-dahs, but neither my purse nor my house will support uninhibited spending.


So I set a limit and did my best to walk around and see everything before I bought; with the exception of Sally's Shed. I'd looked at these on t'internet before and loved them. In reality they were even cuter than I thought and I couldn't resist a couple... or it may have been three. They look lovely lined up on my mantelpiece, but they are destined to go on my dresser which is getting quite a homey theme going on.


I love pinning inspirational quotes on Pinterest so I loved the range of cards by Rachel Seymour. I love this quote. We should all take time to do this.


It was a Handmade Fair and I knew I wanted to bring something to do home. When I saw these kits from Corinne Lapierre I just had to have the owls for Sarah and then the angels for me (there was an offer on for 2 kits; it was a bargain)


And more felty goodness fell into my bag at Amica Accessories, where I had a really good chat with the stall holders about the relative merits of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.


This felty little fellow will have to be the representative of out holidays this year, since this is actually as far as we're likely to get. We didn't even make it to Wales this year! So I'll sew the year onto his chest and remember the summer when  I had no holiday, but plenty to do.


And I couldn't resist the redwork decorations on Dandelion Designs. I'll be making them before the day itself, but whether that's 2016 or 2017 I can't say. Is that enough? I can't think I got anything else. I had, after all, to save some spends for Yarndale next week.


And, completely off topic, can I send you Through the Keyhole, where Jo is running the 12 Days of Christmas Swap again. I know I loved taking part last year, although my posting after Christmas was so bad I don't think I even put the pictures of the box up. It was a fun experience and I am signed up already.

Comments

  1. You came home with some wonderful things, I love those little houses, I bought a similar one from Rick Stein's gift shop in Padstow when we were on holiday. I love that cute little robbin too. Glad you saved some pennies for Yarndale, I'm sure there'll be lots of things there that you'll want to take home with you too. Thank you for mentioning the swap, it would be great to have more people taking part this year, I think it makes it all the more fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pleasure. I love helping advertise other people's stuff. After all, if we can't help each other, who can we help?
      And as for the houses.... well, I keep looking at them and thinking they don't look too difficult to make, and I have no cash available for Christmas and I could so do with... well, you know. I think my Dad has wooden offcuts he could let me have.

      Delete
  2. I like your pretties, esp the Robin. You are going to be one busy Ninja this year!! Thanks for mentioning Jo's swap too, as I loved taking part last year. I am hoping i can up my handmade stuff this year, have already finished one scarf for a Xmas pressie so I am feeling hopeful. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look at you, bragging again! ;-)
      I haven't even had time to start my list making let alone presenting! (but I have got a list in my Filofax) It's lovely giving handmade presents, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. So many gorgeous things, I love the little houses, definitely couldn't have resisted them xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I couldn't! Little houses are my downfall. I must clear and clean my dresser for them.

      Delete
  4. Lovely treats! I like a good treat. Let me know how the owls turn out, I know my daughter would love those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're taking them to Yarndale to do in the hotel overnight as we watch Strictly.

      Delete
  5. Loving all the things you bought, esp the robin, oh my he's a handsome fellow. Those houses though as are amazing, so much detail. You came home with some great crafts.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem I have with the houses is that now I'm looking at them and thinking... some scrap wood and my acrylics and I will be fixed for Christmas presents!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments.

Popular posts from this blog

My Latest Trick...

Filofax; Spring Cleaning my set up

A Heads Up for next Thursday....