I have been busy busy busy. On Monday I grabbed my hook and found my pattern and got going.
My teapot was looking cold and my tea was getting colder (see this post at Happy Angel for how I likes my tea!) so I sat and started.
There was a teacosy in Granny Chic that I liked; but the pattern was bewildering (see here as featured on a newspaper website) so I looked elsewhere. On Crochet With Raymond's archive site I found just the one.
Mine won't come with a beautiful cat, unfortunately, but it could come with a dotty crochet hook (bought from etsy; for similar see here)
I will just do it. I will just have a go and be willing to fail. And I will make those things I have thought about and never got done. So today, there isn't just one Ta Dah!
There are two. I made a cafetiere cover to match. And I looked and I saw that it was good.
To make a cafetiere cover was easy. I made a chain that was just long enough to go from handle to handle. I crocheted in single crochet to give a lovely thick weave and made a straight square/oblong deep enough to reach just under the lip of the pot. Then I made a slight slope either side of the lip, just by staggering the ends by a stitch each row.
I made a second side in a contrasting colour, repeating the basic shape.
I joined the two pieces together with single crochet all the way around. This gave the cover a thick insulation layer that will really keep my Saturday coffee warm.
I used 4 buttons on each side to make it reversible and made a simple crochet chain for each button point. The same chain will fasten both sides, so that was easy.
And I made them coordinate, natch.