Do you remember when Sunday was a day of rest?

No, neither do I.




The last few weeks have been hectic. Good hectic, nice hectic, hectic for good reasons, but I don't do endless movement. I am a child of the current, a duck circling lazily, rather than a swooping eagle always on the go and hunting out the best. Hell, if I could get somebody else to throw my food at me from the edge of my life's lake I would do.


Last week was Yarndale. Yes, I loved it, yes I took some photos but not as much as I thought I would. There was altogether too much to see to take the shots and, besides which, my daughter gets embarrassed at me always having a camera in hand.


And even more importantly, it's harder to stroke the yarn with a camera in hand. Regardless, I had a good time, and a wonderful weekend away with Sarah. We slept over at Keighley Travelodge, and spent Sunday in Leeds. It is good shopping, and a fun place to be on a sunny, mostly warm Sunday afternoon.

And this week I was patiently waiting for Tuesday and part 3 of the CAL. I'm enjoying watching the progress of everybody who has joined in around the world (about 3000!!!) on the Facebook page, and the different stitch patterns are intriguing for a straight treble ripple or granny girl like me. I'm using the Stylecraft pack chosen by Black Sheep Wools.


So this afternoon I'd like to be sat finishing off my second CAL (the Stylecraft is always done by Wednesday night if I get the chance) made from my stash with a couple of extra balls bought if I need to.... it's a bit wider than the pattern, and I want it to keep in my car so that cold winter days are more comfortable in the back.


and then chaining enough to get started on Sarah's new blanket. She chose the colours herself and I had to buy something in Yarndale, didn't I? So why not yarn?? And why not the african basket that I couldn't resist? I love the orange and fuchsia stripes on it. I smell another source of inspiration..... but not yet.


It's on hold while I catch up with cleaning.

Yesterday we were in Manchester looking at the University. David liked it, and he liked the sound of the English Literature degree, so it's a definite contender. He wants to live at home, at least for the first year, and I'm happy to let him, so University has to be a commutable distance. That gives us several choices; Liverpool, Manchester and Chester are all within an hours' travel. We'll see. We have another open day next week, and then a final two at the end of the month.

Comments

  1. Yarndale looks great! I am crocheting the same blanket but I'm not on Facebook etc so it's nice to see someone else's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to have obliged! I'm enjoying the CAL. I've never done one before, but the style appealed to me.

      Delete
  2. Eleanor's had two open days this weekend, Leeds Beckett yesterday and Sheffield Hallam today. She's been to Leeds before but didn't get chance to look at some of the accommodation so we went again, as if we don't have enough to attend without going back to one for a second time. Chester was the first one she looked at and she did like it but at the moment I think she's swaying towards Leeds. She won't live at home though, I think Daniel's experience has shown her that it's good to live out. Daniel wanted to live at home, he would have done if he'd gone with his second choice of Leeds but he got his first choice of York. At first, he was considering commuting but we talked him out of it and now he's so pleased that we did. Many of the new friends they make are the people they live with and he'd have missed out on so many social events had he been living at home. He's also so independent now, living away from home has been so good for him. I was really sad at first driving home and leaving him there, but I can see what an all round brilliant experience it's been for him now. I know not everyone's the same though. They were saying at Leeds yesterday that they have many students who commute. Glad you had a good time at Yarndale, I went too but I've yet to write a post about it. What did you do in Leeds on the Sunday? You should have given me a shout and I could have met you. Look at you go with your blankets, I'm still not up to speed on my one, I'm using the other colour pack and I'm loving how the colours are working out. I shall be doing a post on it soon. Hope you've seen my swap partner post to see who you've been paired up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be happy if David wanted to live in, but he's a cautious and shy person, plus also he knows he'll get his food paid for at home! I think he probably needs to find his level and then in the second or third year he'll go for it. Mind you, our family history is to not live in (none of my brothers did, and I only tried it in the first year. I think I might have done better being a year or two older.)

      Delete
  3. Love the idea of having food thrown at me from the side of life's lake - wouldn't it save so much time? Glad you had a lovely weekend away - I agree that sometimes I am just enjoying the experience too much to be bothered to take photos. Wow, 2 blankets on the go at the same time, impressive - and love the colours! Cleaning? It can wait. Have a good week until the next day of rest!
    Caz xx
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't cooked today; I had all three meals made for me. But I have been really busy with housework and paperwork, so it seems fair to me!

      Delete
  4. Lucy's shout out for flowers looks like it was met with a great response. Glad you and Sarah enjoyed Yarndale and I love all the blues chosen. Amy is hoping to go to a college in Manchester for A levels. Most pupils from her school go to Bury but Manchester is the only college that does one of the subjects she wants to take. She keeps asking if she can move out, don't think the concept of only living 5 miles away and being able to pay her own way at 16 has quite computed yet. David sounds very much like Thomas who is never happier than when at home. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both my lads are home birds; Sarah will move out first chance she gets! In fact, if her and Amy get together they would probably get a good house set up!

      Delete
  5. Ooh, love that you are so far ahead with the Spice of Life cal and you've shown what you've done. My colours are so different as I had to take what I could get here in Oz and wanted to use pure wool and not too expensive, but I think I like what I've already done. I'm only one row beyond the first lot of grannies. I love your other rug too. The blue wool should crochet up nicely, as I did a ripple for hubby in lots of blues and have had some great comments on it. I'll pop in again from time to time. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to meet you, Susan! I like your colours; very elegant. I also will call by your blog from time to time, if that's ok?

      Delete
  6. Glad you had a good time at Yarndale! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your crocheting looks lovely. Of course you had to buy something at Yarndale and more yarn is perfect. Plus a lovely basket to keep it in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so pleased you both had such a fun time away at Yarndale. I love the new colour choice, that pale green and the muted raspberry shade are just delicious together.
    Good luck with all the open days, decisions, decisions.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yarndale looks so much fun - though I would struggle with the hoards of people all looking at the same things. Is Sarah not addicted to wool yet - or is it enough that she chooses the colours?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yarndale looked great and frankly Jo, if you hadn't bought some yarn there we'd all be thinking there was something wrong! Your CAL is coming on nicely. I am tempted to join in but I need to finish some other things off first.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments.

Popular posts from this blog

My Latest Trick...

Filofax; Spring Cleaning my set up

A Heads Up for next Thursday....