Wednesday Wind Up

What am I reading this week?
Still Warleggan, since I'm on a no spend week I'm trying to hold out on it so I don't need to get the next book until May, really.


I read a different book on holiday last week, Dust and Shadow by Lindsay Faye and John Watson. It is a Sherlock Holmes meets the Ripper novel. Very appropriate considering our adventures last week!

What have I watched this week?
The Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes. Eldest son has acquired it as a souvenir of London and we will be working our way through it from beginning to end. That's 42 episodes of Sherlockian enjoyment!
And I also have The Hobbit; Battle of the Five Armies to watch , probably this weekend with a themed tea to accompany it! (bacon and mushrooms, classic hobbit food!) I wonder what other food goes with which films? Ice cream with Grease? Pizza with Goodfellas? I must think about it!

Where have I been this week?
Since Monday, only school. But last week, ah, now last week was bliss. Magnificence.

How has my spending gone this week?
Ahem. We visited Harry Potter world. How do YOU think my spending went this week? Add a bookshop and a Sherlock Holmes museum and, well, I am on a spending fast for the next few weeks. At least.

What are my WIPs this week?
I have a finished WIP; does that cease to be a WIP? What will it be? A Ta Dah or a FO? And I have already started my next blanket project. This one will see me through summer and into the next winter, I think. It starts so simply, with 280 of these;


Made from a variety of these;




Any Other Business?
Only that I am waiting for May 20th to find out if there is a role for me at school next year. I don't think the Attendance Officer role will continue, but I haven't heard if there's another position that I could be able to do. If not, it will be back to supply and living day-to-day and hand-to-mouth. There are pluses and minuses to each.

Comments

  1. HI there - haven't read your posts from London yet but will be doing so in a minute. Are you making and Attic 24 summer flowers blanket? I'm so pleased with the one I just completed - it's still mild enough to be using it in the evenings and i just love it. I was interested to read about your school dilemma - I'm in a bit of a 'dark place' with my teaching career at the moment and am thinking of chucking it in, doing supply and then looking around to see what else I could turn my hand to, but it's a very scary prospect. We all need to have the money coming in but, as my husband keeps telling me, you ought to come home at the end of the day and feel happy about your day's work. Most of the time these days I don't, and having to do lots of work at home as well means you never get away from it. At the moment blogging is really helping me to keep focussed on my life outside of school. So it's good to know that there are other people out there in similar situations. All the best and talk soon, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sort of a summer flowers blanket, with added bits. It starts of like Attic 24's but then I had to change it so it didn't bulge (too irritating) and put in extra lines of colour for the blanket I had in my head. I'll show some squares when I've made them!
      School supply is okay as long as you're good at walking into a different place every day. I quite enjoyed it, but after 9 years really needed a change. Mind you, I could do with a change now after only 2!

      Delete
  2. It's the waiting that's awful, the not knowing until somebody deems it fit to tell you how your life is going to pan out for the next however long. I'll keep my fingers crossed that something turns up for you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always does. The things I need turn up when I need them. God works that way.

      Delete
  3. G wants to go to HP world and is trying to persuade one of the children to go with him! S is making her way through the movies at the mo so is the most likely candidate.
    Loving the Poldark series, maybe I'll give the books a whirl. Warleggan is such a cad!
    Keeping all crossed for news about your job. Such a horribly unsettling time waiting to hear, been there and done that with my previous jobs and G's jobs too many times to mention.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you've been there jobwise! That's the fab thing about blogging; I can complain about something and there will always be a sympathetic listener.

      Delete
  4. I am waiting for my new job to be advertised.... I really don't like the waiting. Keeping your fingers crossed that you will have the same, or a new role at the school you are working at. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the job; will you have to apply and interview? I hate those bits!

      Delete
  5. Those crochet circles are lovely, it's going to be a colourful blanket. I shall keep my fingers crossed for you job wise, hope something turns up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. At the moment I'd rather think circles for blanket than job. I am such an ostrich!

      Delete
  6. I love the sound of your Hobbit tea! With GoodFellas, I think you need some sausage, like they cook on the grill, and anything else that might require garlic sliced with a razor blade. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course you'll need Hobbitty snacks served in spotted handkerchiefs while you watch the film! I hope it all works out jobwise and they tell you what is going on for next year ASAP. The up in the air bit must be unsettling to say the least. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments.

Popular posts from this blog

My Latest Trick...

A Heads Up for next Thursday....

Filofax; Spring Cleaning my set up