Winter is coming....



I'm reading; I have set myself a challenge. To read as many of the Game of Thrones series as I can be bothered to get through. I'm not sure how many there are, or how long (I'm a Kindle reader; I can't tell if it's a novella or a doorstop, just that I'm 25% through and so far that's OK) so that sounds like a challenge to follow on a dark, dark night!


So, Winter is Coming and I'm away with the Starks and the Lannisters and  wondering how far I will go...

This fantastic city is in Game of Thrones.... yes, it is. There is no way this is mushrooms growing in MY lawn! No, stop laughing there. Really, now, stop... stop it, I tell you....!!!

And Winter is Coming anyway. It's so definitely Autumn now, with the breezes rustling steadily yellowing leaves and red berries shaking as birds try to pull them off. I like Autumn. No, scrap that, I LOVE Autumn. The nights are drawing in, the season of serious festivals is upon us, the TV gets substantially better and better (Downton? Strictly? GBBO? And a box set of Breaking Bad to work through? I need never leave my couch again) and I can settle down to some serious crafting as I work my way through a longer list of presents than usual (economy drive; I am using what I have in the house) to get ready for C..... Ch... oh, blow it, Christmas.


There, I've said it. Don't care. I'm a Christmas Fairy and I love Christmas. And I'm a crafter so there will be a LOT of Christmas crafting happening around here. Starting with today's project. It's taking a long time, but I am making trees for my mantelpiece.


The plan is to make a small forest (three trees is a forest, right?) in red, cream and bottle green, decorated with buttons and in tuna tin bases filled with a pot of Polyfilla that I once bought and never used. At the moment I have one tree carcass looking like this;


and in need of some stuffing (is it upstairs or up in the craft attic? Can't remember!) and buttonista work. They were so quick and easy to do, I'm thinking about actually writing my first tutorial. Anybody interested? Just drop me a comment below and I'll get it done in the next two weeks!


Comments

  1. I love Christmas too. I think you can't get started too early, personally. It's going to be a really nice tree, I'd love to know how you made it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer is my favourite season, so I hate to see it end, but I do agree about the better programmes being on tv in autumn, and I do love Christmas, so it's not all doom and gloom. Love the little tree, your mantel is going to look very pretty. I wish I had one to prettify.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Christmas trees, yes please, write a tutorial
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I could crochet I would say yes, I bet they are going to look wonderfully festive grouped together on your mantelpiece.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments.

Popular posts from this blog

My Latest Trick...

How did you start writing your blog?

A Heads Up for next Thursday....