Christmas isn't Christmas without..... Hot Chocolate

It's the season to indulge, and nothing warms me up on a cold winter's day quite a beautifully as a thick, sweet hot chocolate with cream, marshmallows and chocolate dusting.


I have friends on Facebook whose recent posts have been full of Black Forest chocolate from Costa. I've had one; it was too sweet. I like peppermint hot chocolate, and I think that was the right blend of tooth-aching sweetness and sharp-cutting taste. I'd like ginger hot chocolate, I think, or a good chocolate orange. But in the end, I just like the occasional warm mug of happiness. Which reminds me, I must go and change out the mugs from our red and blue everyday ones to our special Christmas mugs.

Comments

  1. I must be a bad person - I like brandy in my hot chocolate! Complete with marshmallows, whipped cream & a peppermint stick of course xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't drink many hot drinks but I do like a mug of hot chocolate occasionally, especially if I'm feeling a bit unwell or down in the dumps, it's a great pick me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a treat I like mine with cream and marshmallows and a sprinkling of cinnamon or chili. But I can also drink a good hot chocolate without any of the fancy bits as well. There's nothing quite like a mug of hot chocolate while you're snuggled up in your PJ's. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just plain for me or something caramel maybe. Otherwise I just end up too thristy!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My local garden centre has Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate on the menu. I think it may taste like a Snickers bar (which I would love) but I haven't had the courage to try it yet. Jx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Do you cycle? You need to read this article

Small Claims proposal needs some small actions off you!!!

Blogger, why are you messing with my head?