It's nearly been a week... and a week is no time.

I haven't posted here or on How to Hygge since last Monday. Last Monday. Golly, around about 9.30pm last Monday, what a peaceful, innocent time that was.

Let me say right now that none of my family were anywhere near Manchester Arena last Monday night, but several friends and acquaintances were and several friends of friends, including a girl whose friends go to Sarah's school.

I've taken the week to think how to frame a response, how to express my thoughts and.... I don't think there are words to say, no neat twist of phrase that can capture the emotions. Anger, sadness, concern, hope, thankfulness, love, empathy, pain, worry, hope again, relief, anger at someone else, guilt, happiness, love and finally hope.



Manchester has been through hell and back this week, although for some people they may well still be in hell. What has given me hope this week is the response of people from across the world to the atrocity. I am especially proud of my home city, Liverpool.... no, listen to me. We usually laugh at the Mancs. We usually look across and think pretentious. Come on, just look at the Beetham Tower in Manchester, what's that about?

But this week we put aside sibling rivalry and stood next to our nearest family without prejudice. No name calling or skitting them. We stood with them, together in love. Because when the chips are down and you need a bessie mate, we're there for you, Our Kid.


Comments

  1. Horrendous, there's no other word for it. Mick had a text waiting on his phone first thing on Tuesday morning from someone at work letting him know that he wouldn't be in, his daughter had been at the concert and though she managed to get out with no physical harm I think the mental scars will last a lifetime. She had to walk right past the carnage, what a terrible thing for a young person, or indeed any person, to see.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments.

Popular posts from this blog

My Latest Trick...

Filofax; Spring Cleaning my set up

A Heads Up for next Thursday....